New Course * The Hard Target Traveler
* The Hard Target Traveler *
Course length: one day (8-10 hrs classroom, with combatives lab)
Required materials: comfortable clothing, note taking materials
A condensed course to prepare the western traveler for the potential hazards of foreign travel as well as threats on the homefront. Subjects covered include: Counter-surveillance, route planning, unarmed physical defense & improvised weapons, escape and evasion from unlawful custody, digital security and communications, medical and other trade-craft skills.
By the end of this course students will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Conduct useful information gathering on an area prior to arrival
- Identify trouble/danger areas using map study and OSINT
- Identify indicators of human and digital surveillance
- Prevent common vehicle attacks
- Escape from common physical attacks and holds
- Defend against blunt and edged weapon attacks
- Render self and buddy aid in event of life threatening injury
- Escape from various restraints
- Setup and utilize secure communication channels
- Setup an emergency cache and explain the different types
- Treat/prevent various ailments and diseases with off-the-shelf remedies
- Avoid and/or escape a riot or mob
- Identify and explain safe houses and safe zones
This has been a popular course lately and packs a lot of information into one day of training. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a class.
Because.....it's not getting any safer out there.